2013 retrospective and 2014 take-off !
Jan. 1, 2014
What better day than the first of the year to launch this new home page ? I've been working on it like crazy during the Christmas holidays so that it's good to go.
Why a new website ? As you perhaps already know, during the past years, I was working as a sysadmin during the day and sometimes produced video game remixes, that I released here. I left my job earlier in 2013 and am now taking my chances working as a full time music composer. Hence this new home page, where you will find everything you want to know and more.
Browsing the site is pretty straightforward. You can use the top bar menu to reach either of the three sections available, or one of those other networks I'm being active on as well. The most relevant area of the site would of course be the audio page, where you can listen to selections of my work, past and present - at least what I'm authorised to share to date. With time, more and more tracks will be there. On the about page, I've assembled relevant information for anybody curious.
So once again welcome !
Samples from last year :
What was this past year like, musically-speaking ? First with the releases :
- Post-MAGFest, I started out by releasing "Trinity Rush" a collaboration arrangement with two of my friends, the bassist Wild-Cat and guitarist Hattori Hanzo, covering the "Shooting" stage music from Sparkster / Rocket Knight Adventures on SNES.
- "Dino Racer Turbo Mega Destructor" , the short animation by David Carron for which I've scored a fast-paced and epic metal soundtrack got out.
- Metroid Metal celebrated its 10 years, and to show my appreciation I collaborated once again with Wild_Cat on a cover of the "Ending", featured on an album with a few of these tributes.
- To mark my departure from my sysadmin job, I released "Planetarium", an arrangement of the Rainbow Road theme from Mario Kart 7 on 3DS.
- I've got my hands on a video camera and started capturing myself performing my own songs, with two of those vids making it to Youtube, "Rising Sun" and "Shell Rider".
- To honor the Dwelling of Duels contest which I've been regularly entering for the past 9 years, I've released an all-out Gunstar Heroes music medley with Wild_Cat, "Dwelling Of Heroes".
- As a Christmas gift to my followers on social networks, I released one of the game soundtrack demos that I worked on during the year : "Unbreakable Wings", showing publicly for the first time how my usual guitars blended with NES chip sounds sounded like.
What else ? Oh yeah, there was also this interview in June, by Rufo & Co, that I translated later to English (you need to enable captions to see subtitles).
But that's not all. I actually cumulated a fair amount of unreleased material, stacking up to 72 minutes of music, for games that are not yet out :
- 2 tracks of background music for an indie mobile puzzle-game by Roguish Exploits.
- 2 remixes (metal and funk) of Ghost Blade music, an upcoming Dreamcast game by Hucast.
- Lots of almost blind-composing original music for the Encycle Project (working title), an RPG-Maker VX based game by Coded Emotion.
- A crunch-time collaboration arrangement with Snappleman, Omigadrive and Wild_Cat (we labeled ourselves "The Snugglemen") that will be featured on the KNGI/OverClocked ReMix TMNT4 album, "Shell Shocked", to be released in early 2014.
- The main theme of an hypothetic support soundtrack for the Volt comic-book project by my friend HeavyMetalHanzo.
- More demos... there are never enough of them !
So now, what can we expect from 2014 ?
Simply put, more music ! And yeah, like, lots of it. I already have a couple remixes ideas going, and I intend to work on more original material. In parallel, I'll upload guitar performance videos from time to time, to make my past works shine in a ridiculous new way.
Also, we are now in 2014, and I just want to point out that it's been exactly ten years since I started releasing music on the Internet, as CarboHydroM on VGMix (2004)... A proper celebration would be nice don't you think ? Holy crap, when I think that some of you have been sticking with me for so many years, I feel SO grateful ! Thanks a lot my friends !
And it's in excited anticipation that before signing off, I wish you all a great year ! Take care of yourselves, and stay healthy ! Stay tuned !